HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Let Patience Have It's Perfect Work

"Still achieving, still pursuing, Learn to labor and to wait."
Longfellow - A Psalm of Life St.9



It is hard to work your way from a weed to a flower, let patience have it's perfect work!
Patience may be a virtue but I have none when it comes to computer technology! It has taken me nearly two weeks to make two posts and now I am attempting a third, if our network box thing will co-operate. I am unable to access my email and until just now this blog. We have reset the network connection, checked the box connections, and all manner tips and tricks to no avail! Scripture tells us to let patience have it's perfect work, well I must really be in need of perfecting or just a large dose of good old fashioned patience. I realize now just how much perfecting I need when I let a little thing like a computer glitch push my buttons and get me so out of joint. If I can't handle the small things in life, how will I react when the big things come along? Hopefully I will conquer these little tests and be prepared for life's greater challenges to come.

I must not have tested well, it has been yet another week with no new post much less Internet access. We finally figured out that we had a dual problem, one on our carriers end and one on our end. Both are now solved and I am once again able to post, surf, and get email. (Sigh of relief!)

This all got me to thinking about the difference in being made perfect and trying to be perfect, which are two totally different things. With my type-A personality, striving for perfectionism rather than being perfected are a constant struggle. My self-imposed perfectionism usually leaves me disappointed and feeling like I'll never live up to my own expectations so how can I possibly live up to God's? The thing is that I often set my sights higher than God would have me to go. He accepts me as I am, flaws and all and His goal is a much slower pace than mine. I am constantly trying to achieve in the here and now and He is growing me little by little towards eternity. Just like the loss of my Internet connection, there is a problem on my part with my connection with God. He is telling me to be still and to know Him while I get busy trying to do for Him. Sometimes I am not still enough to get a good connection much less lean on or learn from my carrier. At these times God gently nudges me and reminds me that His thoughts are not my thoughts and His ways are not my ways, (which is a great relief considering that I sometimes struggle with stinking thinking and am directionally challenged). I find that when I give up my struggle and walk at His pace with His purpose in mind that I am as perfect as I need to be in that moment and if that is good enough for God, then it certainly is good enough for me. (Even bigger sigh of relief!)

Photos: 1. Roadside Weed 2. Wildflower

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I find that when I give up my struggle and walk at His pace with His purpose in mind that I am as perfect as I need to be in that moment and if that is good enough for God, then it certainly is good enough for me"
Those are wise words, ones of faith and trust.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin