HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Friday, July 15, 2011

WHERE BLOGGERS CREATE 2011 - ROOM TO GROW...

"Some people were born to make the world more beautiful."

-Hallmark-
Welcome to the 3rd annual Where Bloggers Create 2011 blog party! A huge "Thank You" goes out to our hostess, the lovely and talented (and my personal blog fairy god mother who magically designed this blog!) Karen of My Dessert Cottage. I have been eagerly awaiting this party all year long! This is the debut of my newest studio space and I am thrilled to share it with you all. I have given some snippets and sneak peeks but in this post you are getting the whole enchilada!

For those of you who may be new visitors, I am Sandy, Miss Sandy to my nearest and dearest, I am a mixed-media artist and free lance writer. I am blissfully wed to my high school sweet heart who is known on this blog as Handy Hubby. I have two grown children, a son and a daughter, both of whom are married. My son has blessed me with two delightful grandchildren. I can't remember a time when I was not
making something from early childhood finger painting to macaroni necklaces to stepping into the mixed-media arena a few years ago with a little bit of everything in between.

Even though I have been in the space for a little over a year now it is still very much a work in progress. It has come a long way from the Project Run Away and Creamy Dreamy beginnings! I have totally recovered from my angst at being tossed into a new space.

I never in a million years thought I would say this, but I did not have enough "stuff" to fill it up! Seriously, I think this gives me permission for
a little flea market therapy don't you? I spent a lot of time reading that fortune cookie message at the top of this post while trying to accomplish this studio space on a less than shoe string budget, a lot of hands on hard work, and maintaining the course. Today really is a celebration, I have obtained my goal of a sentimental feminine fusion of fun and function where I can, to quote Nina Bagley, "Walk the earth, stepping beauty into everything you (I) do."

Welcome to the creative space at Quill Cottage...
(Click on any photo to enlarge for better viewing)
(Collage I learned to make from Lisa in a Mary Green online class)

Here is the view from the hall...
And here is the full view from the doorway. I converted an old iron crib into a settee. It is dressed in flea market find pillows and I made the other bedding from old pieces of cottons and laces. I have basket storage underneath and a step stool because I am vertically challenged...
Each side of the settee is flanked by a coffee filter topiary. I made these from two old lamps, two round garden vine frames, a couple of old planters, and coffee filters...
Behind each planter is an old porch pillar that a friend gave me after a remodel. Each sports a door knob hanger with a collection of empty frames and interesting tidbits...
Baby, who threw a complete hissy fit last year because she could not attend Karen's party, is quite content to be the keeper of my quote journal and cuddle up in the corner of the settee...
I married a small garden trellis with a piece of weld wire to make a storage canopy over the settee. See those empty baskets? Those need some stuff in them! I told you I did not have enough stuff in there...
I keep bits and pieces of collage materials in the vintage hat boxes...
To the right of the settee is a little nook of a wall next to the main work space...
I don't know if you noticed it or not but there is a black divided tray on the work surface. This is one of my little collection obsessions, small pieces of nature that bring me so much inspiration and find their way into my work. I have been collecting these little specimens for quite some time with a special project in mind...
Back to the little nook of a wall...This is a drawer from an old trunk married with an old clock. It makes my husband nuts that the clock has no hands and is upside down. I told him that time has no meaning nor makes no sense when one is creating, it literally ceases to exist when one is immersed in the realms of creative activity...
Below is a little shabby holder filled with various ribbons and laces. A piece of my fabric artwork, "Cottage Beale" (the name of the girl in the photo) hangs here too...
(Fabric collage technique I learned from a KC Willis DVD series)

Up above is another piece of my artwork, one of a series of five handmade shoes and boxes, a single ballet slipper...
A collection of hands...
And beside that one of my favorite pieces I have ever made, "Dream"...
To the left of the settee is a small dresser that my daughter in law gave me, I added a couple of porch posts from our remodel and a couple of shelves, this is where I stash all my ribbons, well almost all...
Here I am, forever encapsulated behind a sheet of glass at age 11 3/4, it felt like magic to sit before a real artist for this portrait...
Where are my Southern manners? Would you care for a cup of tea while we continue the tour?
Below sits a few pretties...
The bust below is wearing an old paste jewel necklace that belonged to my paternal grandmother...
The lampshade is dressed in a wee crinoline...
That billowed out the skirt of one of my dresses at age 2...
My one and only attempt at art doll making, Miss Clara Scarlett...
A tray full of artistic treats...
The wee bonnet on the post above the lamp was also mine...
The bottom two drawers hold trims, tassels, and scraps of ribbons and laces...
The top drawer is filled with larger lengths of laces and ribbons...
To the left as you enter the door is the supply closet wall...
A tiny table, beautiful boxes (all empty! I need more stuff!), and a button cubby with buttons sorted by color in little jars...
Behind the door, still more storage (more empty little boxes), the shelving were two wooden crates that I sliced down and put backs covered in old book pages, perfect size for small storage items...The closet is full of supplies in various labeled containers...
Inez, is keeping watch over all those fabric scraps...
Not everything in here is practical, there is a little bit of pretty too...
To the right of the door is my sewing station...
It sits beside a dividing piece of furniture that I designed and Handy Hubby helped me build out of scraps and salvage pieces...
This is one of my favorite new additions, the candle spools. These are frequently used threads in my work and this makes them so handy to just grab when I need them...
These are super simple to make!
You will need:

*Candle holders of your choice
*Corks that fit the size of your candle holder
*Bamboo Skewers
*Black craft paint
*Wire cutter
*Spools of thread


Instructions:

Place cork in candle holder, you want to make sure there is a tight fit, if not add a little hot glue to secure.

Insert the pointed end of a bamboo skewer into the cork and place your thread spools onto the skewer.

Determine how many spools you want on each holder and trim skewer with a wire cutter leaving a small tip at the top to extend out of the top thread spool to resemble a wick.

Once trimmed to desired size, remove spools, using a little black craft paint, paint the top inch of the skewer to look like a burnt wick.

Once dry replace the spools and enjoy a handy and stylish thread holder!

Now, back to the tour! A banner I made hangs above the outer window area...
(Banner from Beth and Karla's Romantic Gothic Ghosts online class)

I love this little black bird peeking through the glass...
A wire basket of sewing keepsakes...
(Button gifts from Vee and old wooden lace bobbins from Lili)

Above the sewing machine in baskets I store colored spools of thread, embroidery and needlework supplies, as well as sewing machine accessories and such. My gathering basket with dried flowers from my grandmothers garden rest there too..
See those little black boxes? The bottom one is the prefect size for storing patterns and the top one...
Holds more spools of candy colored ribbons...
TUTORIAL:

To make this small ribbon spool holder you use a piece of all thread rod, purchased at the hardware store, drill holes the size of the all thread rod, cut rod to extend a little longer that the width of the box top and bottom, secure one end with a hex nut, also purchased at the hardware store, thread through one hole and place spools onto rod, thread rod through other end and secure with second nut. Repeat process with the second rod.

Don't let the piece below fool you it is not nor never was an antique sewing machine! I bought the base with a board top at a flea market and covered the top with old pattern pieces. I found the sewing drawers at an antiques shop and screwed them underneath. I found the sewing machine cover at a vintage linen shop here in town and altered it a bit with some trim for added height and old pattern papers to cover up some damage to the ends of the wood (Sewing Table Tutorial)...
Lift that baby off and you have a high tech sister to the old treadle machine...
I love my light, a flea market find, with flower petal globes I found on Ebay. I made the collage medallion from an old picture frame...
This is a side view of the divider...
The old revamped child's trunk holds wallpaper and my looms and a few yarns...
An old garden rake I found at the farm holds artwork from a few fellow artists and a pair of irresistible I had to buy them for old time memories sake roller skates...
(Lace Ditty Bag, altered domino and tag by Beth, Fabric pocket by Diane, and sweet tags filled with the most delicious trims by Sonya)

This is my little work cube...
Here is where the hi tech action happens...
A pair of hand sculpted birds I made a few years ago...
A shelf full of pretties...
The little jewelry box is one I converted into an ink pad storage cupboard, the tiny drawers hold mini alphabet stamps...
This little boot and box is another from my handmade shoe series...
Down below the drape of vintage table cloth lace is more hidden storage, lots of vintage ephemera...Here is the other side of my work station...
I adore this long counter, I can spread a mess alllllll the way across it, and I do too!
My window treatments are handmade of collage style vintage and new fabrics and laces. I added some fun tidbits above on the window trim, things that make me smile...
This is a favorite new addition, a ribbon roll holder "lamp"...
This was one of those times when I let the idea fly, and I love the result, pretty and practical...
My paternal grandmothers necklaces grace the shade and an old bottle serves as a finial...
This is a full view of the back wall...
In the work cubby I used the left over side of the iron baby bed, some old garden fencing, and a shelf turned up side down to make and inspiration rail...
Lots of pretties on here, you might even see something that you made...
(Tag book by Diane)(Swap box from Lili)

This is the business side of it all, paints, glues, glitter, beads, and tools...
I adore how handy my glue brushes are...
Up above more supplies and special items, my children's baby shoes and painting by my daughter...'
A sweet flea market find...
If you look carefully you will see three more tiny shoes and boxes in my series...
The other end of the counter also has a work area for a friend to join me. Want to come and play? Actually the space is designed in such a way that I can easily remove the settee and set up 2 more 4 foot work stations and another in front of the closet area, remove the sewing machine from its station and can easily host 5 to 6 friends..
More goodies...
The final shoe and box in my series...
These little "shelves" were old sewing machine drawer frames, I cut foam core and covered it with a map paper to make shelves to hold smalls. (and I need more stuff to put on them!)...
A pink mermaid playing with pearls...
A bitty ballerina swinging above the work station...
This is where all my instant ancestors live, kind of crowded in there...
A left over piece of wire from the trellis canopy...
A pocket book full of wishes...
Battered books to collage from...
My version of a sewing bird...
It seems we have run out of time...
I have shown you most of what there is to be seen of my work in progress. Remember that studios don't happen over night.

In my case it has taken years to get to this full space. I started out on a TV tray, moved to a card table with all my supplies stored under the bed in plastic bins. I thought I hit the big time when I got a cupboard for supplies and commandeered the dining table but my family had to eat off of the TV trays!

I then moved to a storage building in our yard but in the winter my paints and glues froze and in the summer everything threatened to melt into a puddle despite the little heater air conditioner chugging away. I was secluded from family life and having young children at the time I could not spend much creative time there without keeping a watchful eye on them so my creativity went fallow for a few years.

In the blink of an eye my children were suddenly grown, my son married and made a home of his own with his bride and I found myself left with a spare room which I turned into a guest room that was rarely ever used. One day I sat in that beautifully appoint yet seldom used room and allowed myself to dream again of a creative space. I approached Handy Hubby with my crazy idea of forgetting about guests and building a small dream space to revive my creativity and he agreed. My Mid-summers blue studio was born.

Fast forward a few years, my daughter moved out on her own and we had another vacant room, Handy Hubby expressed his desire to have a real office so I was tossed out of my little blue studio into the space that you are viewing now. This dream was literally years in the making but lack of space, lack of storage, even lack of time never dampened the dream of a creative haven to make and share art in. I wholly encourage you to give yourself time and room to grow and watch your own dream bloom into being.

I hope you have enjoyed the tour and gathered an idea or two. I look forward to a return visit to you!

I hope each and every one of you enjoy a delight filled weekend!

66 comments:

Unknown said...

wow..what an enchanting creative haven! i just adore it! ever sooooo lovely!!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Hi Sandy. I just love love love LOVE your studio. Such pretty things to enjoy and create with. I really enjoyed my tour of your space.

Danielle

Anonymous said...

Oh my Sandy your studio is just so dreamy for sure!! It is my favorite so far in the Studio tour- thanks so much for all the great pictures showing all the pretty little spaces withing your gorgeous big space!! Love the clock and trunk drawer and the storage over your settee!
I'll be coming back to study this great room some more as I am so wanting to get a space to create for me!
bee blessed
mary

Lily's Lace said...

Oh Sandy where do I start! You need to be in Where Women Create1 With this beautiful space and your awesome artwork I think you're a shoe in! I could start naming all my favorites in your room but that would be everything in every photo. And it's got so much storage that you still made to look soft and inviting. Speaking of inviting, can I come over and play? Love it all! :)

Olive Grove Primitives said...

I am in heaven! Every thing is just so gorgeous. I love love love everything in every photo you have done a stunning job at creating your studio, I am going to visit more often. thanks for sharing your studio with us all have a beautiful day Lisa

alveen said...

What a beautiful studio you have created! How lovely it would be to sit at the 'friend's' station, to turn into the room and absorb all the beauty, love, and calmness that abounds in this room. Thank you for sharing.

Vee said...

Oh what a scrumptious tour. I want to oooh and ahhhh over every sweet detail. I still have the precious email you sent me about window coverings. I don't know if I'll ever be this brave, but I'd like to be!

Lovey said...

phe·nom·e·nal Space! Absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Miss sandy,
Can I come over, there is a lot more for me to see in that closet, I need a better look....
I just love your creative space, so many lovely things to look at. I love the day bed area, a place to just sit and take it all in. I am sure you will be able to fill your empty spaces with more wonderful things.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs
Michele

Unknown said...

Sandy, that is the most amazing space I have seen, you surely should be picked as the Winner by far. You are a Shoe in! You take creative space to another level with your wonderful ideas. I'm jaw dropping awe struck! By far the most amazing and I love every bit of it! Big Hugs, Marilou

Riki Schumacher said...

Wow Sandy, I am knocked out! Your creative space is what we all dream about, so organized AND beautiful. Loved every photo! Riki

June said...

What a creative haven Sandy. So this is where you make the magic! It is truly amazing in every way.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! Absolutely enchanting! Those coffee filter topiaries are gorgeous! Your space is so organized and yet so visually appealing! I think I could sit there for hours and be totally mesmerized. Heck, more like days! :) Love the picture frame medallion and the candlestick spool holders. Very unique! Thanks for sharing and having a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Unknown said...

Sandy this is a serious workspace. It goes on and on. You must just have so much fun creating in this spot. I have not said this to anyone on this blog hop but I am saying this to you personally. Sandy you must come stop by my blog for this hop. I work in a closet with the dimensions of 3 feet by 4.5 feet. Period. Come have a look. *smiles* Norma

Tina said...

I just KNEW it - I knew it would be the most wonderful place Miss Sandy. LOVE your room. Everything in it. You have SOOOO much wonderful stuff. Wish I lived closer so I could come and play.
Thank you SO much for sharing
and have a wonderful weekend sweet friend
Big hugs
Tina

Angela Richardson said...

I'm overwhelmed Miss Sandy. Yuor space is amazing and so organised.
I've just moved house and my space has no organisation at all, I shall be working hard for next years party.

Unknown said...

JUST WOW!!! This is my heaven! When I die, I wanna end up in your creative space!!!1 I went crazy! YES this is a dream come true! :D

Hugs,

LP Vintage said...

Fabulous! I got so many ideas for display and storage from touring your beautiful space!! Thank you!

trash talk said...

Wow...what a well thought out work/play place. Don't worry about having enough stuff to fill it. Your passion is overflowing, filling it to the ceiling with dreams.
Debbie
P.S. I especially love seeing all the things that are family heirlooms.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, your creative space is divine! Every little detail is amazing, I may have to look at everything a few more times to take it all in!!!

xo,

Abby

The French Bear said...

Miss Sandy, I do declare that was the best tour of the most wonderful and inspiring creative place ever!!!!! I think I have been here over an hour.....oh my....so many things to look at....it was fantastic!!!! Thank you for sharing....I love your displays and the peek into your sacred space.......loved it!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B
xxx

Vicki said...

Sandy, your space is my favorite so far. It is just full of so many beautiful treasures and creations. I do not know where to start. I love your creative touches with the window coverings, shelves, lamps and storage. Truly unique. I've taken away some great ideas for my blank walls. I think I will be viewing these pics over and over again. I love how you have created that long counter for yourself too in order to spread out. Such a great idea and so functional. Love it all! xoxo

MaygreenFairies said...

Wow! What a beautiful studio space, so inspiring, I could while away many an hour there quite happily. Some wonderful storage ideas and such beautiful displays. Thank you for sharing. Mandy

Anonymous said...

I really love how you have re-purposed so many things to be beautiful and practical, so creative :D You have a very lovely studio! Thank you for sharing :)

~Alli

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

This is one of the most gorgeous spaces I've ever seen! What a little corner of Heaven you have here on Earth. Your background music is the perfect touch!

Decor To Adore said...

Swooning and adoration going on here in Phoenix this morning. I love seeing your studio all together. It truly is a work of art on its own.

Also glad that you are on the mend dear one. Will we be seeing any more of dear daughters big day?

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

How many times can we go through your craft room. I mean there is so much to see...I LOVE your room...I want it!! You are so blessed to have such a wondrous place!!

JD/ Jill said...

WOW! So amazing! What a special craft room that you have created! It's going to take me a few more visits to your blog to take it all in...Thank you so much for sharing...

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

I've really enjoyed visiting your studio. It's so lovely. Everything just looks wonderful and so inspiring. Hoping I can get my studio finished soon. I so want my space. Hugs!

Karen said...

What a personal, emotional, beautiful space you have. I love it when people pour their hearts and souls into their little space and it turns out as magical as yours had. WELL DONE! You must find many, many hours of contented bliss sin there. Sigh. Perfect!
Thanks for the tour. Loved it.
Now I have to go back and see it all again... (hehehe)
HAGD! Karen

fairyrocks said...

WOWZER!!! You are so right, you can never have too many great things to play with.{I say shop away, you sure know how to keep your treasures} Thank you for taking the time to post so many of your wonderful details that make your space so very personal and inspiring.
WOW I would love to visit in real time. thanks for sharing.

Debbie Burkey said...

Really, I don't know how you ever leave this room and go anywhere else. My very favorite room!!! You WILL be in Where Women Create, I'm sure! Every picture is magazine worthy! Each picture and view has sooo many great and original ideas. Great room ..Great Job. You are the Queen! Thank you for letting us in.

Debbie

kluless said...

Your studio is over the top inspiration and the sweet little seating area is such an inviting luxury. Thank you for sharing!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Sandy, your creative space is truly magical. I stand in awe of women with such talents. What a pleasure it must be to spend time in your space. Love it!

Dorthe said...

Oh dear Sandy,-this is really haven, of studios- how wonderful you made every little corner,- beautiful furnishings,and beautiful ideas-thank`s dear- I love it all ,bits and pieces- everything so lovely displayed,-a world of true beauty.You must feel so happy and embrased of this beautiful athmosphere you created yourself.
Love and hugs, dearest friend.
Dorthe

Bonita said...

Utterly stunning!

Claudia said...

Oh Sandy, I'm so happy to see the final Reveal! It's everything I thought it would be and more. Just gorgeous, with so many wonderful details. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. There's a photo that includes the pink shoe I won in your giveaway in my post.

xo
Claudia

Sandra Kaye said...

Lovely space. So much to take in. Thanks for sharing. Sandie

Rebecca Nelson said...

Sandy...your space is amazing. Truly. I loved looking at each and every picture. I'm sooo going back again to look again. Thank you for sharing with us. I LOVED THE TOUR!

xoRebecca

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Hello Sandy
Your Studio is..Oh My Goodness..Something We all Aspire to Create. It is a Work of Art in its Self. Your Style, your Inspiration..Certainly Comes from a Lovely Place. Where we Create is Truly a Window Into our Hearts and Spirit don't you think. Just Lovely.
Thank YOu for Sharing!
Have a Wonderful Week!
Hugs
Jill

Boxwood Cottage said...

So this is by far the longest studio post of all I've seen so far, but it was sure worth all the scrolling because Miss Sandy your studio is mega inspiring and I'm glad I finally made it over here!
Sending you warmest wishes from Germany
Carola

lala said...

Absolutely lovely. So peaceful and serene, and to be surrounded by so many treasures and creativity is truly a dream studio.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Sandy, this is an incredible, lovingly crafted space!
It's easy to see where all the love happens!
Hugs, Diane

Robin said...

A beautiful space Sandy! Have a great day.

Hugs,
Robin

Vickie said...

All I can say is

W. O. W.

That is some studio, Miss Sandy! It would take several days to see everything and appreciate all the little treasures in this wonderful space! I can imagine that you'd never want to come out!

Thank you for this glorious tour!

romance-of-roses said...

Oh my what a lovely tour of your beautiful studio. So many pretties everywhere, this is truly a magnificent studio.
Hugs...Lu

Lovey said...

Sandy on those rare but beautiful occassions to return to a post more than once (smiles). I made it back to yours this awesome Tuesday morning again, and let me just say I'm so glad I did. This time instead of just looking and admiring all your pretties and glorious space, I read your inspiring post! It was like breathing in fresh flower filled air...really like roses in a garden. I smiled, and even chuckled a bit as you entertained me with your witty humor and descriptors of your studio. I loved every morsel of your words and was left feeling quite full and satisfied from them. You and your handy husband work beautifully together and all of your handmade pieces which are too many to count are the most preciously made items I have ever seen in one place. You guys rock the creative gene beautifully and I was and am in awe of your heart for art. Blessings sweet Sandy and thank you for such a tour as this into your life as a crafter from beginning tray tables to a breathtaking place to create...simply inspiring and fulfilling for me as an artist and mom. Hugs Sandy and I'm grabbing your button! Xo Lovey

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

There is alot to love in these photos, but I was drawn back to that light up topiary!

Terri said...

As I was scrolling through the photos of your studio I was thinking what a dreamy space and just about then the "Dream" piece you created appeared. I agree this would be a favorite of mine too. Such an inspirational place to work in. Yours is among my favorite studios I have seen during this Blog Party! TFS!

Dawn @ alteredartists said...

What a lovely space. Thanx for dropping by my place and I enjoyed the visit to yours. I love the coffee filter topiary! Best wishes!

Tammy said...

What an amazing dream room! That was a great tour! Thank you for sharing some tutorials and all your great ideas. I'm so glad you visited my blog too and hope you come again!
Tamatha

debi said...

Your studio is breathtaking! I'm head over heels in love with your space. Thank you for sharing!

Donna said...

I must say your craft space is full of all kinds of treasures!! I can honestly say that the first time I've seen old wasp nests in a creative way!!!It works!!!LOL Thank you for sharing it was a delight!

Valery Klassen said...

Wow! I could spend days in your studio. You are one talented gal with a wonderful space in which to create. Love the crib conversion to the day bed. Your space is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandy, this studio is just a dream, i only see beautifull stuff!!
Thank you for this inspiritional tour,
love from Belgium,
Sonja-Sezoentje

ArtbymeCindy said...

WoW!! Such a beautiful space!! I love it. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for sharing such a wonderful studio!!

Hugs

Marianne said...

Thanks for visiting my creative space. Yes I'm a bit organized...but you are the Queen of Pretty. As you said it takes years to grow a room. Mine has grown for the last 25 years.
I would love to start adding personality to it. Thanks for all the inspiration.

Anne said...

Sandy, you have so many delightful features in your creative space,don't know which i like best! but the necklace adorned lampshade and the wire baskets on the upper shelf are especially fun! Thank you so much for visiting my space too.

Karen Valentine said...

Oh my Sandy!!! I swooning with delight!! It took me a while to get here but it was soooo worth the wait!! I am JEALOUS!!!! You are such an inspiration to me!! Someday, I will be moving my studio to a much larger room in my home and I plan I re-doing the decor. Your room is exactly the style I want to create!! Thank you so much for all the work you put in to this post. It was fabulous!!!
xo
Karen

Rita Barakat said...

Oh my goodnes - I love every inch of your room! So many wonderful things to look at! I am in the beginning stages of mine - so much stuff - so little time! Thanks for the inspiration!

Elizabeth Johnson said...

Thank you for allowing me to spend some time in your studio. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. I was going to tell you a couple of things that I liked best but my list got too long! I'll be back for another visit soon.

Ntsisterz said...

Your space says so much about who you are and what you cherish! It's not over done or overwhelming as some studios I've seen. You have definitely mastered the art of combining your collections, masterpieces and art tools all in one divine space. Thank you for sharing and inspiring me to get my craft room in order for next year!

Creative Grammie said...

Aloha Sandy,
Your space is amazing! It's warm and cozy yet I can tell that you do create in it. I love your long counter and yes, I believe when you work you can indeed spread out to the entire length of that counter. I love your storage ideas, how you organize everything and how you repurpose things; so cool.
Not only have you taken us on a tour of your delightful work space but you've also shared a couple of tutorials and your amazing art too!
Thank you for all that you've shared, I truly enjoyed everything.
Hugs to you.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

OMG!!!
Your creative space is chalk full of so many ideas and tips!! I am at work now...Shhhh....don't tell anyone but I need to pour over this post again when I get home and savor each fantastic picture!!
Thanks so much for sharing!! This is a pure delight!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Lynnae said...

My goodness, your room just goes on and on. It is gorgeous and your vintage displays are very charming. Thanks for sharing!

EnchantedBella said...

You have such a wonderful space. So enchanting and magical. I could dream in there all day and the music you have playing is perfect. My imagination is brimming with creative ideas. Thanks for the inspiration.
Rebecca

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin