HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Crazy Busy and Thank You.....

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6
In case you are wondering, I did not fall off the face of the earth, this week has just been crazy busy! Thanks so much to all who have prayed on my behalf. The situation has not resolved itself but I am fine. I very much appreciate your care and concern. This week was a very hard lesson in learning the meaning of the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.


Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him

Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

I seemed to be having trouble with the "wisdom to know the difference" and "accepting what I cannot change" parts. A dear friend gave me some very wise counsel and after much prayer and seeking the Lord's guidance I gained the wisdom I needed to accept that I cannot change the person or the situation and I must accept things as they are, grieve the loss, and let go.In the meantime life goes on. I am practicing blooming where I am planted like the lilies in the photos from Darling Daughter's garden last season. Trivial things are taking place, like, ottoman shopping and can you believe that Handy Hubby has put in his two cents worth on the subject? Can you say super size AGAIN! Have mercy! I am off the shop while he is at work. I will be back soon to regale you with the tale as well as a hint at not one but two upcoming give aways here at the Quill.

Blessings,
Miss Sandy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind words and prayers. The "Serenity Prayer" was Mother's favorite. I continue to remember you in prayer also. You've been my inspiration and big supporter from the beginning and I appreciate your friendship.

Susie said...

Sometimes it's hard to accept the fact that we can't change a situation and it's even harder to give it up to God even though we know he is in charge. Like Mildred I too have been concerned and have held you close in my prayers. I hope you have a wonderful time out shopping.

Shopgirl said...

I don't know what you have faced or are faceing, but with your love of God and the free will that we have been given, I know you will come to terms with whatever has intered your life.
Remember, you are blessed to be a blessing....Mary

Fete et Fleur said...

I think the course you've taken is the best. We can't control others choices. It's just really hard when those choices affect us. My love and prayers are still with you.

Peace and Hugs!
Nancy

Vee said...

Ohhh that last bit sounds very intriguing...

Isn't it the hardest thing to give up control? For myself (this has nothing to do with you), I learned that I most want control when I feel as if things are out of control. It's as if my turning into a control freak will set the earth straight again. It won't. I can't. And, further, I can't even always control myself for crying out loud so why should I think that I can control another person? I'm glad that you have found a way to deal with this issue. I know it means a lot to you because you describe it as "a loss." Losses always hurt.

You made me laugh today with your comment at my blog. My dear, Miss Sandy, if we matched word for word, I'm certain that you've written way, way more than I have. And these are not empty, frivolous words we're talking about here. I'm telling you that your words have meat and meaning. Mine are peanut butter and fluff most days.

Hugs to you, my friend. I miss you when you're gone and I get excited to see you post once again. Take good care...

Abbie said...

Hello Miss Sandy! I absolutely love that prayer. Friends of mine were married a few months ago and had the minister recite it at their wedding. It was very fitting and lovely.

I will pray that all is in God's hands for you..

xoxo~
Abbie

Lori said...

Miss Sandy, that is a beautiful prayer and i hope you are finding comfort in it

Anonymous said...

May you have the strength to do what is needed.

kathy said...

I am Ms Fix it - at least in my mind -- God tells me let go - HE SAY S I know the ending - I have a plan -
Mine will be perfect for this
situation "
- even if the result is not my idea of the ending , GOd is in control anyway - Some things he keeps hopin I will get - but HE is amazing for HE loves me still -
even in my trying to be MS. fix-it
Kathy - ga

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin