(image source - check out some fun crafts for kids here)
School is out and summer is in full swing. What better way to spend your summer than indulging in some creative time, a summer camp of sorts. There are some really great classes being held this summer both live and online and I wanted to share a few online opportunities with you.
Ele at A Bit of Heaven has an open artist/crafter call that sounds like tons of fun. Here is the scoop straight from Ele's blog...
Calling Craft Artists for a " A Heavenly Bit of Design."
Each month I will feature five artists. I will send out a package of Heavenly Bits, (crafting supplies chosen by me), to each featured artist, and they will create an item (or items) using the supplies. Items created for A Heavenly Bit of Design, will be featured during a specific week of each month.
- I will mail craft supplies free of charge (total cost of being in this project, $0)
- You need to incorporate the heavenly bits into your design. Your may add your own additional supplies, but try to use as much of the heavenly bits as possible.
- You must be a blog owner, and have previous posts of items that you have made. You will be required to publish a post on your item(s), and link back to me. I will provide you with a graphic to add to your post and sidebar.
- You will have a month to created, and will be asked to post on a specific day chosen by me.
- You may keep the item(s) you create, have a giveaway, or link to a selling site with the item listed.
- This is NOT a competition. Once you send me your info, your name will be in "the mix." If you don't hear from me right away, I might be saving you for a specific style/supplies.
- Please e-mail me at elee(at)srt(dot)com, or use the contact on the blog top bar. Please include a link to your blog, and a link(s) to your artwork.
You can visit Ele's post HERE to leave a comment if you are interested, you can't beat free! Sometimes all we need to kick start our creativity are a few new supplies to play with. To view a kit sample of the supplies Ele will be sending out, visit THIS POST, lots of goodies here to play with!
Liz Lamoreux of Inner Excavation is also offering a free course that follows along with HER BOOK of the same title. The course inspires self exploration and artistic expression through photography, poetry, and mixed media. You can read the full details HERE.
Liz will use her book as a read along using prompts to boost your creativity. Since Liz is doing this course as posts on her blog it is an explore at your own pace class that can be accessed at any time now or in the future. I viewed the first video and read the first post and parts of the exercises do appeal to me so I will be following along by using the prompts to get back into working in my art personal art journal. No pressure, nothing missed, and I can do as much or as little as I desire when I have time, a good fit for this time in my life.
A sweet and super beyond talented blog friend, Thespa of Vintiquities Workshop is hosting her very first online class Tattered Beauty that begins on July 1-14, class fee is $35.00. In conjunction with this class Thespa is having a GIVE AWAY, you could win a free class (she is giving away 5!), full class and give away details can be found HERE.
Here is what Thespa has to say about the class...
In this workshop you will create a one of a kind shabby, lined, tattered, draw string slouch bag from a pdf pattern. You will be given step by step photo instructions as well as videos to help you along.
You will also receive the pattern for a folding business or credit card holder as well as instruction on making that. For the third project you will make a tattered layered flower pin that can be used to adorn your bag or worn separately.
Learn fabric collage techniques, stitching, distressing fibers and supplies, layering, tea and coffee dying tips, image transfer techniques for fabric and much more.
Sounds like fun!
Have any creative summer camp plans of your own? I'd love to here about them.