HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Thursday, November 19, 2015

IT'S NOT PERFECT...

It has been one of those weeks, you know, the kind where everything you touch seems like an epic fail...from the loaf of bread that would not rise, to the near death experience of a wrong mixture of chemicals while conducting a mixed media experiment, to ruining not one but two hand painted loving crafted journal bindings, and last but not least taping what you thought was a tutorial only to find out the camera was on the fritz!  Small potatoes in light of all the things going on around our world today, very small, nearly invisible, really and truly.
 (Yes I know I forgot to paint the birds other foot, doing that as soon as I am back in studio)
(This was initially supposed to be for a class but I think I have had enough of this particular project)


While I alone cannot clean up the mess this world is in, I can try and repair some of the mess I have made by my own  hand.  I began by spending quite a bit of time in prayer for the worldly mess I cannot handle before tackling the wee smalls in my studio.

After removing all the bindings and pages from the journal covers I was left with two empty shells with no idea what to do with them.  At 4:26 this morning I abruptly awoke with a seed of an idea.  I immediately got up and headed into the studio to see if I could make it work.  I spent time drafting a pattern, sewing, ripping out, resewing, ripping out again, resewing again, until I finally had a prototype ready to test.  It is not perfect, it has some flaws, but I love it anyway, my new iPad carrying case.

If only all the epic failures in our world were so easily repairable by just simply removing all the ugly parts and being able to begin again.  I have spent time drafting a plan of prayer only to see it ripped out of place again and again, its truly a test of faith and endurance when one only feels like throwing up their hands and giving up.  My project is not perfect, nor is our world, they have their flaws, but I love them both anyway.  I refuse to let evil overshadow all that is good and decent and kind.  I now carry the world at my fingertips in my new carrying case which allows me to keep abreast of all that goes on outside of my small sphere but its the world I live in that I carry in my heart and prayers for peace on earth and good will towards all mankind.  

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

blessings,
Sandy

5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I like your wee birdie (one leg and all!....perhaps the other one is tucked up in his feathers to keep warm). As for the near death experience with chemicals - oh my. Do be careful!!
Philippians 4:6-7 is something we would all do well to remember, thank you for the reminder.

Createology said...

I completely understand our World is much larger than our own wee small issues, however they are very real to us and we are all the stronger for overcoming. Your Creative Bliss is Amazing! Prayers for Paris...

Marrianna said...

Thank you, Sandy, for this post. I am impressed by your new iPad cover/holder. Very good! As for the Bible quote, I copied it and pasted it onto my Facebook page to remind me that (1) I'm really feeling fear about the holidays; and (2) I can know my feelings and turn to God for peace and comfort. I really appreciate this.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Marrianna

Vee said...

Now that is one sweet iPad carry case. I rather like the bird with one leg. He might even be a little steampunk because that branch could almost be his other leg. Overthinking much? Yes, probably.

Nice to find you home. Have a lovely, cozy Thanksgiving, Miss Sandy!

Decor To Adore said...

It sure looks like a sweet tweet to me Miss Sandy! :)
May all the joys of the season be yours.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin