HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

CHANGES...

"Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, 
letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights."

~Pauline R. Kezer~
Change is not something I adapt to very easily.  I like steady continuity.  I like order.  I like predictability.  However, life is just not like that, continuity is broken by bumps and jostles, left and right turns, and sometimes it just plain ole turns completely upside down.  I am thankful for the things I can count on to be continuous that keep me rooted and grounded but I am coming to realize that I need to embrace change if I want to branch out and grow.  

A huge part of this process for me over the last several months has been letting go.  Letting go of trying to control.  Letting go of physical space.  Letting go of material clutter.  Letting go of the past and embracing the present.  For the first time in a very long time I don't dread what change may bring.  I am ready to grow beyond the sapling stage of my journey and sprout out new branches that allow me to stretch and grow and reach new heights. 
A lot of things have changed since I last posted here:

 My studio has been downsized and moved.
I now inhabit the writing cottage by the garden pond where there is fantastic natural lighting and inspirational views where I have been working on learning some new things, brushing up on old favorites, and settling into the new space.
(Pics coming soon!)

The previous studio space inside my home has been turned into a haven for the grandchildren who love having their own special hang out here.

The man gave up his office and is using the entry for his office.  
His previous space is being turned into a comfy wee guest room.

The farmhouse has been sold.
This was such a bittersweet process for me but by the time it was done I had embraced and accepted this major change as a part of life.
A lingering problem has been solved by the relocation of someone who kept the pot stirred so to speak,

I have accepted that I can't change the condition of my mother's illness and am better coping with it, not to say that some days are not harder than others.

I am getting to know my earthly father and realizing how precious he is to me.
He and my mother divorced when I was very young so I did not grow up with him in my life as much as I would have liked to, plus his job had him traveling a lot when I was young.  There was never anything bad between us, we just somehow never got to really know one another.
I am leaning heavier on my Heavenly Father to help me embrace what I can change and to accept and be peaceful with what I cannot.

I am embracing new opportunities that are sure to stretch me beyond my comfort zone.  I want the courage to allow myself to be scared but do it anyway.  Like filming my very first online class for ARTFUL GATHERING 2017!

I realized one day how much negativity was surrounding me and dragging me down with my own attitude and with some outside influences.  Something inside me snapped and I decided it had to be different.  I cut the ties that were binding me to the past and sticking me in place in the present, and I have to say that freedom feels wonderful!  It's not just that a lot of my circumstances have changed, I have changed and I think that is the hardest change to embrace, changing ones self.
As I gear up for more even bigger changes in my future I am ever so grateful for all these "roots" that show me where I came from and for the new growth that shows me what I can become.

A huge part of my journey to change has brought me back to my love and passion for art and writing which brings me back to this blog and all you precious friends I have so missed over these last months.  I am looking forward to reconnecting!

What is on your journey to change?

Blessings,
Sandy

9 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Life does have a habit of interjecting some pretty big curves into it, despite our best efforts to the contrary. All we can do is try to learn to ebb and flow like the tides and cope as best we can. Wonderfully written post Sandy - and glad to have you back. Blessings on you too!

Createology said...

Hello Dear. I see you on FB many times however it is here on your blog I relate the most. Thank you for writing so much of what I am experiencing at this point in my life. Change scares me and I am fitful not knowing what, when, where, how and so much more. I have no need to control anything or anyone, however I do not want to be controlled and it is difficult for me to speak up. There are big changes coming and I am truly trying to embrace them and move forward with calm, happiness and serenity. I am very happy for you and your new changes.

bobbie said...

I can 'hear' the joy in your voice!! I love that you are setting out boldly on this new path in your life ~
May it bring you only riches and pleasure and joy.

Hugs ~

bobbie

Lady Locust said...

Oh yes, I too am a scaredy-changer. Thank you for sharing. Your words are so poignant & heartfelt, it's difficult not to find the same thing within myself. I am perhaps one step behind you, still in a bit of limbo waiting for a few things to come about. Sometimes being patient is also a challenge.

Marrianna said...

Wonderful post, Sandy. Thank you so much for sharing your current journey. I look forward to more posts and photos for sure. You got me thinking about my own journey. I am stuck in place because I don't really know what to do next, where to do it, and all that stuff. The last 16+ months have made a huge impact on my life and I just don't know where to go next. I'm afraid to even travel. So I stick close to home. I am moved to venture out and experiment as you have done. I live vicariously via the Internet. I would love to live differently but it isn't happening yet. Keep up the great work. I think you are doing great.
Hugs,
Marrianna

Decor To Adore said...

Oh Sandy you have indeed experienced so many changes that my head is spinning. Some of the changes were made because you were wise and I do hope true peace and happiness will follow. I always enjoy hearing from you dear friend. May you continue to blossom and grow.

Sonya Badgley said...

Oh dear Sandy, I do love your posts. This one so resonates with how I am feeling as well, but could never put it into words like you do. May you feel and know God's presence in every new step you take.
Blessings you my friend,
Sonya

Little Birdie Blessings said...

You have a lovely way of expressing yourself Sandy. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I can relate to some of what you say. I am eliminating our dining room and making it the living room. With 10 grandchildren now, I needed to make the space we live in, more suitable for family. We live in the church parsonage. I have been letting go of the many materials I've accumulated. It's hard to do that. ~ Abby

Bohemian said...

Oh how I can relate to so many of the Changes and Acceptance you have moved through! We too made big Changes a year ago, put our Historic Homestead up for Sale, moved further out of the Big City to a rural area on the outskirts to a new build. Mom got moved to a Hospice in Cali and it was bittersweet to make the trek there to visit her perhaps one last time and accept the changes as she readies herself to transition from Time into Eternity. After our move I have begun an epic Culling, downsizing and Simplifying Process, which for a Maximalist like me is a Process. I may never be a Minimalist, but I am enjoying Letting Go as well now, embracing things I cannot Change and actually Changing things on Purpose now that we need to at this Season of Life. Blessings from the Arizona Desert, may your Process go smoothly during this time of Change... Dawn... The Bohemian

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin