HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Monday, May 15, 2017

TINY TRIP, TINY HOUSE, TINY BIT TIRED...

I took a tiny trip to Tennessee...
I took a tiny hike upon a tiny trail...



 I saw a waterfall flowing wild and free...

I spent the night in a tiny house nestled in a tiny dale...












 I wandered through a tiny forest of karst limestone topography... 







I let out a tiny sigh, my how the time did fly...
I was so content, standing sheltered under the aged trees...


I turned and bid Tennessee goodbye...

We were so limited on time that we were not able to hike down to the bottom of Cummins Falls in Cookeville, TN but we did take the tiny hike to the overlook.  If you look closely at the photo you can see people at the base of the falls swimming.

The tiny house we stayed in overnight was built by an Amish Woodworker and the workmanship was amazing.  It was so comfortable, clean, and well appointed.  There is another pink tiny house on the grounds as well as a cabin style tiny house being built. Hammocks hang from trees for guests to relax in and stone fire pits stand at the ready for marshmallow roasting. The rental price for these little hidden gems is beyond reasonable ( tiny house for rent ) 

The 10 acre property is privately owned with gorgeous woodland trails with limestone karst topography. Karst topography is a landscape that is formed from the dissolution of soluble rocks such as limestone, dolomite, and gypsum. It is characterized by underground drainage systems with sinkholes and caves.   The owner of the property thinks there is an underground cave system that may have been created over time by the ebb and flow of the large lake that skirts the property.

If you are ever in the area of Galatin, TN you MUST eat at Mabel's Dining Room!  Best melt in your mouth non greasy catfish dinner you will ever dine on, truly a taste of heaven on a plate!

This was literally a whirlwind trip, 48 hours to be exact, but we managed to squeeze a little fun in between business.  I am off to plan my next adventure!

Blessings,
Sandy 

5 comments:

Createology said...

How fun to actually stay in a Tiny House. The surrounding area is gorgeous and very emerald green. Your Tiiny Trip was Huge Fun. Wonderful Week Dear...<3

bobbie said...

You go on the BEST walks!!! Thanks for taking us along ~

That tiny house is beyond adorable; love the woodwork on the outside.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Amazing photos Sandy! I've been reading about the Tiny Houses and it was so fun to have a peep inside one. I love all the different shades of green in the spring and your photos show them off so beautifully.

AppleApricot Wen said...

Such a beautiful forest walk you took us along with you! Thank you Sandy, I needed that! xx

Anonymous said...

Hi, Just found your blog and being a tiny home on wheels owner and a tiny farmhouse owner I zeroed in on this post. Great pictures and a very sweet and inviting tiny house. I am considering renting out my teeny tiny 8x18' tiny home in the future.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin