HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Monday, December 8, 2008

Sunrise.....

"With each sunrise, we start anew"

This morning I arose before dawn as usual and made my way to the kitchen to put the kettle on. A hot mug of tea was needed to ward off the morning chill. As I passed the dining nook window a sliver of deep purple caught my eye. I stood watching as it morphed into a royal blue. Right on its heels were a riot of hot pinks, lemony yellow, and fiery oranges, all the hues that accompany a spectacular sunrise. Handy Hubby joined me and asked what I was looking at. I replied, "God painting the sky."
Standing there watching God paint the morning into existence, infused in me the energy I needed for this day. I awoke terribly tired this morning, the busy weekend caught up with me. It is the good kind of tired when the activities were filled with joy and blessing but tired is tired none the less. I kept watch as the tints lightened in some places and deepened in others. I stepped out on the deck, camera in hand, to try and capture a bit of the beauty. A few fuzzy shots were all I got, it was still too dark even with a flash to capture much. I listened to the wake up call of a neighbors rooster, inviting one and all to join him in celebrating the waking day. A nearby rustle revealed the retreat of a nocturnal creature and the awakening of the birds. Little songs of praise were heard in the twitter of bird song. Returning inside and positioning a chair eastward I sat with mug in hand soaking up the colors like a thirsty sponge knowing they would recede into a grayish blue backdrop that is so typical this time of year.I rested in knowing that an equally spectacular gallery showing would take place in the western sky come evening. In the meantime, I will carry the morning colors in my minds eye as I go about my daily task and they will brighten my countenance at their remembrance. I hope that each of you has some sort of a bright spot in your day that will lift your countenance, fill you with awe, bathe you in beauty, and uplift your heart with praise.

I'll be back tomorrow continuing on with The Spirit of Giving celebration here at the Quill.

Many Blessings,
Miss Sandy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Sandy, just beautiful pictures of the sky. Your blog is the bright spot of my day!

Anonymous said...

I suppose I should have said my name, and I will be tuning in everyday this week. Vicki Page

Anonymous said...

I love this description of God's hand! It reminds me of the Bible verse, "He wraps Himself in light..."
Thanks for sharing, Miss Sandy.

Sandy said...

Vicki,

I am so glad you stopped by and enjoyed your visit. I always look forward to hearing from you. I am still enjoying the devotional you sent. I think of you every time I pick it up. Thanks dear one.

Susie said...

I can certainly see why that sky caught your eye. What beauty!I hope you have had a restful and wonderful day Sandy.

Vee said...

Wow! Thanks for capturing those spectacular sunrise shots...I'm not up at that hour!

Hope that you had the time to relax a bit today and just rest. Sounds as if you could use some time reading or writing. ;>

vikki said...

what a gorgeous sight! you captured Gods' beauty with the camera & your inspirational words! i am soo glad i stopped by ~ it was the bright spot of the day! hugs & blessings, vikki ♥

Miss Rhea said...

Hi Miss Sandy :), I haven't left comments lately as I have been reading you through Google reader, but I just wanted to say how much I have been enjoying each of your posts, and looking forward to your next ones. The Advent ones touched my heart so and I will definitely add this to our Holiday Celebrations next year. I am a nondenominational Christian and had never heard of this, but love the way Our Lord is glorified and brought in to share in His own Birth with the family in this way. We also read scripture together, share in communion as a family, but this Advent is new to me. I am so thankful for everything this reminds us of, and thank you for sharing this :) I am also thouroughly enjoying all of the sweet crafts and am looking forward to starting some soon. I just closed shop and am getting out the last mailings so that we can stop and just enjoy this special time with Our Lord :) Hugs to you my friend :)

Rhea

Ronda said...

Sandy,
Your picture's are just lovely. I just love God's handy work.
Love & Prayers,
Ronda

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin