HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

TO EVERYTHING THERE IS A SEASON, MERRY CHRISTMAS...

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...a time to heal...a time to laugh...a time to dance...a time to embrace...a time to keep silence...a time to speak...a time to love...a time of peace..."
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
The past 14 months have taken quite a toll on me in many ways and there is so much I could but won't say about this passage of time other than it was a season of turbulence and it has come to pass.  I have entered into a new season.  While the physical world outside my window lies fallow in its drab bare bones winter chill I have entered a season more akin to spring, blooming and joyful, a time of healing.  While I have been absent online I have been, am being, fully present just living.

I've taken time to laugh...one little grand dressed in a glittery costume sprinkled me with magic "pixie nuts" so I could fly and made me giggle.  Another grand pronounced me "so old school" and cracked me up.  The Handy Hubs and I fell into a fit of laughter that rolled in waves until we lost our breaths and our eyes watered, it began again every time we looked at one another.

I've taken time to dance...the tiniest grand adores music and does this little circle spin wiggle clap giggle in time to the tune.  We have adopted it as a family thing and it is amazing fun to have old and young alike circle spin wiggle clap and giggle together.  

I've taken time to embrace...mostly I have embraced my family spending lots of time with them, gathering them back home in my nest and smothering them with mothering love.  Little celebrations of nothingness just family, food, fun, conversation, laughter, and heart sharing, those things that really matter.

I've taken a time of silence...especially here online and mostly in my heart.  I have needed this time of withdrawal as part of reestablishing my life and creating a new pattern that fits new circumstances.  A lot of things felt like pressure to me and I had to assess what was most needful to direct my time and attention to.  I have embraced this time of silence to think, feel, pray, and process.  It has been my wintertime season of laying fallow like a farmers field.  It felt as if I had emotionally been plowed and harrowed but left unsown for a growing period in order to restore my productiveness.

I am now taking time to speak...to hopefully encourage you all that there are seasons of strife in life but they are just that, seasons, they do pass.

I am taking time to love...loving my family and friends by making them a high priority right now.  Loving my faith that keeps me afloat.  Loving my home back to its former state by cleaning and  sprucing.  Loving this Christmastide with its physical shine of tinsel and glow. Mostly I am loving the heart glow I get from a tiny little baby in a manger full of hay, born in a stable long ago on Christmas day.

I am taking time to enjoy the gift of peace...a peaceful mind of knowing I now have a great team of caregivers to help share the care of my mother.  Peaceful emotions reign now that situations and circumstances have settled themselves.  A peaceful heart that rests in the hands of Him who can handle burdens bigger than I can even imagine.  A peace of knowledge that rests in the truth that to everything there is a season, a time to every purpose under the heaven...

I wish you all the most blessed Christmas and happiest of New Year's.

blessings,
Sandy

P.S.  I will catch back up with you in the New Year!

14 comments:

amy of studio four corners said...

it could not be said any better than what you have expressed - there is indeed a season for everything...
Merry Christmas to you Sandy and wishing all good things to you and your family during this season...

Decor To Adore said...

I am happy to hear you are on the mend and truly living in the moment actively pursuing the best in life.

I wanted to thank you for your kindness and friendship. My wish is that your holiday season is filled with peace, love and joy.

May you and yours be blessed with health and happiness in the new year.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm so sorry that you have been going through a period of trial, but what you have written here shows that you are strong and that faith, family, and love will see you through. A very blessed Christmas to you and those you hold most dear.

bobbie said...

Beautifully written ~

You can't begin to bloom until you've lain dormant and protected for a season, nestled in with all you hold dear.

I can't wait to watch you bloom again!

Hugs ~

bobbie

Dorthe said...

Dear Sandy,
A beautiful post, filled with the "new" beauty in your life. The beauty of feeling happy and thankful ,of being able to live the life at its fullest and with gratefullness in your heart.
I`m happy for you, that your season of worries and sadness, has ended, and a new blessed one has started.

I wish you the most beautiful christmas with your dear grands, and family, and all the very best for you in 2015.
Warm hugs from Dorthe

maggiegracecreates said...

oh how wonderful to hear from you in this way. I too have been in a rebuilding place - and it is wonderful to be emerging myself --- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year beautiful friend.

Lorrie said...

Beautiful words, Sandy, expressing the peace in your heart. I'm so glad these months have been healing for you. Have a blessed Christmas with your family, celebrating the birth of the King of Kings.

Lady Jane said...

You sound wonderful Sandy. I am glad you are in a good place right now and am wishing you and yours the wonder of the Christmas season.

Vee said...

Merry Christmas, Sandy! A happy and healthy New Year to you and your family.

Marrianna said...

Thank you, Sandy, for this beautifully written post with so much encouragement for me at this time in my life. I also am blessed with the kindest and most loving caregivers for my mom. I don't write about her very often but will be seeing her on Christmas.

Merry Christmas,
Marrianna

Unknown said...

What a beautiful piece you wrote Sandy. May you be blessed in the coming year. Hugs!

Createology said...

My heart is warmed by your words of peace and wisdom. One of my favorite sayings is, "This too shall pass"...kind of like your seasons. I am truly grateful for my life and all I am able to enjoy. Merry Christmas Blessings Dear with Peace and Joy for all of 2015.

Blessed Serendipity said...

A beautiful post and it truly touched my heart. I share many of the thoughts you have shared. It has been a challenging year for me as well. I wish you beautiful Christmas greetings filled with peace, love and joy.

blessings,
Danielle

KittyAnn said...

Dear Sandy,

Your joy is so evident in your writing, so wonderful to read you are immersed in what is truly important in our lives - the present moment - our families - solitude - reflection. Blessings to you & yours this Christmas and here's wishing peace & merriment for the new year! Ann in NC

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin