HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Thursday, November 20, 2014

BELLE OF THE BALL ART JOURNAL...

I have been exploring creating some art journals using Karla Nathan's (Karla's Cottage) online class, Creating An Art Journal. I started with the Hardcover Book Journal as described in the class...

I was inspired by an old magazine ad for silverware, the demure belle in the ad reminded me a little of Melanie in Gone With the Wind.  I imagined that she like to dance in dainty silk slippers under glittering crystal chandeliers with pale pink roses pinned in her hair as the ribbons and lace of her dress flutter at each spin...
I picture her as a sentimental sort who collects mementos from her memorable moments and pastes them in her scrapbook, a quaint poem her first collection...
Vintage paper pages await being filled with her artful fancies...

A tiny clasp with dainty golden key keep her secrets locked away for only her eyes to see...
A pile of pretties await their turn at being pasted in.

Next I followed her Vintage Cabinet Card Folder Journal and am in the process of making two versions as described in the class.  I used two vintage upholstery fabrics for one and a favorite old sweater for the covering of the other one...
Both are very much still in the works...

I am enjoying so much inspiration from this class!
I hope to have them finished soon.

blessings,
sandy

10 comments:

Vee said...

The fabrics are fascinating to me. I'll be eager to see how they are finished. You always have such creative ideas.

bobbie said...

Your words are as beautiful as your art!
Hugs ~

BethBoothe said...

Going to be Beautiful!

Beth Leintz said...

Beautiful journals, and I love that there's a story to tell with the first one.

Marrianna said...

Very beautiful and very inspiring. I purchased the same online tutorial from Karla Nathan and I really need to look at. I didn't know how much was in the set of instructions until your blog post today. Thank you.

Marrianna

Lululiz said...

You are such an inspiration, Sandy. I have been looking at Karla's tutorial and couldn't make up my mind. Having seen the beauty you have created following the tutorial, I just have to give it a go as well. Thank you!

Dorthe said...

Dear Sandy, your new books looks so beautiful, and with such exiting paers, made ready to fill some of the pages .The vintage upholstery fabrics are stunning,on one of them !
You know I bought Karla`s wonderful class, after seing the first amazing book you created. And I also love all the inspirations and great show and tell. I only finished the book, and havet had time to fill it, yet ...but thank you for giving the link.
I also read your other post, of beautiful memories, it is wonderful when our parents gives os such gifts, to remember.
Hugs,Dorthe

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What fun! Oddly enough, I had lunch with a friend today and trotted out the garden journal I created several years ago (online class with Carole Brungar), and then to discover your post when I came home. Must be something in the air!

Laurie said...

Oh how wonderful and inspiring! Karla's classes are the best!

Createology said...

Belle of the Ball is beautiful. How glorious to get so much inspiration from a class and then create magic in your journals. Breathtaking...
Thanksgiving Blessings.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin