HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"B"-utiful Things.....

Today's post is brought to you by the letter "B"....
I found this "B"~utiful chippy vintage marquee letter, c~1900's, at Vintage Embellishment.
It is the initial of our last name and I think it is a perfect addition to my other chippy stuff.

"B"efore I get to the "B"~utiful things I wanted to thank all of you for your "B"eautiful words in response to my last post. I am trying to embrace this new season of life with a smile on my face and ache in my heart. So many of you have reassured me that I will survive this transition. Thank you.

Sometimes my taste is questioned as far as what I perceive as "B"eautiful. Often it is the cast off chippy, faded, aged patina that draws me to an object. Old tattered "B"ooks with raggedy spines with perfectly aged pages are guaranteed a home with me, their usefulness far from over in my opinion. A snip of old lace here, an odd "B"utton there, a cast off leather dolly shoe, any of these will do. It is
very rare for me to desire an object for its perfect condition, preferring the imperfect. It was the imperfect I was in search of for a future project.

I ordered this "B"lue ribbon package from "B"eth's Etsy shop, Sugar Pink Moon.
"B"eth always wraps her packages so pretty! Inside the pretty packaging was a "B"ook!

This darling little old primer is perfect for a project I am planning. The images and lettering are so sweet.
I also ordered this "B"undle of envelopes from "B"eth.
You can visit "B"eth's "B"log, Gathering Dust.

I found a "B"ountiful set of vintage cabinet cards with awesome graphics on the "B"ack and sweet photos of days gone "B"y on the fronts at Petals in the Past.
I fell in love with the graphics on these.
I think this may be a sweet "B"rides photo, notice she is holding her fancy wedding shoes rather than wearing them on her feet. This chubby cheeked cherub is one adorable "B"aby!
While "B"rowsing, I found this very old embossed album, minus the pages, at Vintage Supply Co. It is a perfect shell for creating an art journal with.You can visit this shops owner, Janette, who is a fantastic mixed-media artist at her Etsy shop where she sells awesome supplies, here, or visit her blog, Carolina Artist. I have utterly fallen in love with her mixed~media "B"irds on her Janette Janson Etsy where she sells them.

I stumbled across this 1886 music "B"ook at "B"lack Sheep Yarns. It arrived wrapped so sweetly in old ledger paper!
I got a kick out of this little corner of the wrapping that says, Roaring "B"ranch, PA.
I thought it aptly described the precious cover, a "B"ranch roaring with singing "B"irds.
The "B"ack of the "B"ook is every "B"it as "B"eautiful as the front.
Sweet little Swedish "B"ook pages accompanied the package.
Lastly, I gasp at the gorgeousness of these vintage album pages! I could not "B"elieve my luck at snagging them from Mary's Etsy, Green Paper Packages.
They are adorned with "B"ranches "B"earing "B"eautiful "B"lossoms and "B"irds!
You can visit Mary's "B"log, Green Paper, and enjoy all things ephemera. You really should check out Mary's free image page!

These are just a few of the "B"~utiful things I found for my project. I am getting more and more excited about this project than anything I have ever done. I'll be sharing more about this at a later date.

In the meantime, "B"elow I have scanned a few images from my new finds for you to use in your artwork. Enjoy!(Free Image)(Free Image)(Free Image)(Free Image)(Free Image)

Tomorrow my friend, Pam, and I plan on a little raod trip stopping at several flea markets and I am hoping to find a few more things for the "B"ig project. I am so ready to eascape the pounding on the outside of my house! The dishes have about rattled out of the cupboards, the dog has barked non-stop, and consturction has hit a major snag. I hope there is a "B"it of "B"eauty "B"uilt into your day too!

"B"lessings,
Miss Sandy

12 comments:

SharDon Exclusives said...

What a BBBBlessing! Thank you for the lovely graphics and your sweet post.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

It was a beeutiful day beesides being Tuesday. I like Tuesday and Wednesday etc.
QMM

LiLi M. said...

You snapped up some real beauties Miss Sandy! Thanks for sharing! Have a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

What precious treasures you have discovered! Hope you enjoy your break from the noise and chaos!

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh my goodness Sandy!!!! I'm drooling all over my keyboard sweetie! Just amazingly beautiful things you have discovered and I know they will be used to create even more lovely treasures. And I thank you for sharing some of your finds with us...I love them!! I hope you are doing great sweet friend and can't wait to see what you find on your next treasure hunt ~ xxoo, Dawn

Susie said...

Love those vintage album pages. How neat!

I hope you enjoy your outing.

Laurie said...

What a fun post, full of "B"eauty!

kathy said...

I love all your slightly shabby - well loved -items -- I too love the vintage things - and wish they could speak and tell their story of the travels to make it into our hands -- LOved you B-- analogy --
Blessings and thankd for sharing the lovely graphics - Kathy - ga

Bonita said...

What B-eautiful B-lessings! I was thinking that you need to receive some sort of award for being a green artist. You recycle and repurpose so many discards into B-eautiful art pieces that surely there must be some award you could receive! Maybe I'll phone the president today to make him aware of all that you are doing to B-eautify our nation.

I always enjoy your blog posts, Sandy! I get the best of both worlds- great writing and lovely visuals.

Mary Green said...

This is going to be something B-eautiful when you're finished, you're collecting gorgeous supplies!

Decor To Adore said...

So what do I think of all your treasures? Bravo!

Barbara Jean said...

Sandy,
Thanks for giving us so many great images to use, and for all the tips on other great blogs.

barbara jean

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin