HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Monday, September 15, 2008

A Flea Market Foray or How I Met My Mirror.....

Walking through the overcrowded establishment, my eyes were roving over all the choices displayed before me. A slight blurry gleam of a smile to my left caught my eye. I turned, only to receive a flirtatious wink! I was a bit taken aback but curious at the same time. A second glance beckoned me forth and a conversation followed.

"Hello."

"Hi."

"I see I caught your eye."

"Um, yes, your wink startled me."

"Step closer, I won't bite."

"That's OK."

"Would you like to see my etchings?"
"Uh, I am really not THAT kind of a girl!"

"They are beautifully done."

"I can see them from here."

"Do you not find me attractive?"

"Yes, very, only I don't usually go for your type."
"I can see that you are intrigued. Come, let us get to know one another."

I step forth hesitantly as I notice something amiss, "Pardon me, but your tag is showing."

"Would you be a darling and fix it?"

I reached forth to tuck the tag in and find my fingers grasp firmly in a friendly clasp to which I gasp,"Only $4.00!"
"Yes, sadly, I am not of high pedigree from the old country. I am a cheaply made imitation, a fake, a fraud, a faux!"

"Oh, no~no, no~ no, no! You are beautiful and so artistically done! I would display you in my home!"

To which a hopeful, "You would?" whispered forth.

"I would indeed!"

My new friend and I went strolling through the establishment, arm in arm, me smiling and he winking at all the other patrons in his flirtatious manor. As we left I did tell him that we would have to do something about that tie!
I am thinking something in a nice velvet and much more subtle in color.

I hope you enjoyed meeting my new friend and all his faux charm! He is happy to hang out in the studio on a door knob until his new home has been properly painted. I will be back with more flea market story finds.

Blessings,
Miss Sandy

9 comments:

Vee said...

Your flea market find is great and I hope that we see the mirror all decked out and in its setting one day. I love finding a mirror, vintage or vintage looking, for those dark corners of my home. The way you told the story was fun, too!

bluemuf said...

Miss Sandy...The little peeks of your new mirror are so intriquing. I look forward to seeing all of it. I love the story, I just love your outlook on life, it makes me happy.

Hugs karen

Catherine Holman said...

Sandy,
Such a cute story and what a pretty piece. I would have taken that home too!
Hugs,
Cathie

The Feathered Nest said...

What a deal Sandy and it's beautiful!!! I love mirrors, not so much my reflection in them but the light they reflect in a room...thank you so much for the Alibris link to the book!! I won a copy on Ebay last night but am not too sure if it has been illustrated by Mabel Lucie Attwell yet...oh well, if all else fails I can always read the book, what a "novel" idea....whew I'm cracking myself up over here! Hope you have a wonderful week sweet friend, xxoo, Dawn

Vickie said...

What a cute way to introduce us to your new friend, Sandy! I know it'll be a long and lovely friendship! Beautiful - Vickie

Cindy Is Crafty said...

That is a lovely mirror, Sandy!

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Pretty! Wonderful etchings! Thanks for stopping by to see my green piano. I like your play on words about "going green." I wish I would have thought of it for my post title!

Wren Cottage said...

What a lovely blog! It's so nice to meet you Sandy :) I love etched mirrors... the etchings in yours are just gorgeous! Great find!! Your writing is wonderful too!
Thanks for stopping by Wren Cottage and your comment was really clever ;) loved it!
xo ~ Madai

Bonita said...

You are such a creative writer! Your new friend is rather handsome too.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin