HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Friday, March 7, 2008

A RECIPE SWAP AND HOP...

"Ma rolled up her sleeves and washed her hands and mixed cornbread, while Mary brought the wood and Laura set the table. She set a tin plate and knife and fork and cup for Pa, and the same for Ma, with Carrie's little tin cup beside Ma's. And she set tin plates and knives and forks for her and Mary, but only their one cup between the plates.

Ma made the cornmeal and water into two thin loaves, each shaped in a half circle. She laid the loaves with their straight sides together in the bake-oven, and she pressed her hand flat on top of each loaf. Pa always said he did not ask any other sweetening, when Ma put the prints of her hands on the loaves."

Little House On The Prairie
By Laura Ingalls Wilder

Dear Readers, if your menus are looking a little tired and you are weary of the same-old-same-old fare, hop on over to Lysa TerKeurst's site and visit her Recipe Swap and Hop! Feel free to join in the fun or just hop around and pick up some new recipes. I linked up all the recipes from the Sweet Treats Recipe Swap where you will find 42 fab recipes to tickle your sweet taste buds and I added the recipes for yesterday's post where you will find a bit of Oriental flair.

Enjoy!
Miss Sandy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the excerpt from Little House!
I've got a new cookbook that I'm loving...peeked at your link, my what a vast area of bloggers posting recipes!!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Miss Sandy, thanks for the link. I'll check out the recipes!

RHoda

Sherry said...

Thanks for sharing all the recipes and for checking out mine. I hope you enjoy the Tortilla one!

Vee said...

Ohhhh, thanks for the reminder. I purchased some ingredients to make the salted nut rolls...will do that this weekend for sure.

I love that Pa asked for no more sweetening than Ma's handprint upon the loaf. The thought gives such a cozy feeling.

By all means, I do want to see your snowbanking! It's obviously a snowbank for the fairies.

Fete et Fleur said...

Hello Sweet Sandy! I hope you are doing well. This looks fun!

Nancy

Knitting Mania said...

My first visit to your blog, so much fun. Such interesting posts...Love the vintage look all over. Nice to meet you miss Sandy!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin