HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Serendipity Sunday: Bloom Where You Are Planted, Part 1

Serendipity: Making a delightful or unexpected discovery

"Bloom where you are planted."
~Attributed to: Old Afghan Proverb, Nancy Reader Comipion's Aunt Grace, Mary Engelbreit, a song, as well as an "old garden saying"~
"...See how the lilies of the field grow..."
~Matthew 6:28b~

This week I came across the lyrics of a very old song and thought it was so appropriate to share for spring. As my week went on after making this discovery, I made some observations and gained some insight on blooming where you are planted. I will be sharing those with you in next Sunday's post.

Bloom, bloom, bloom where you're planted
You will find your way
Bloom, bloom, bloom where you're planted
You will have your day.
Look at the flowers, look at them growing
They never worry, they never work
Look at the way our Father clothes them
Each with beauty all its own

Each with beauty all its own
Some plant the seeds that others will water
But in all things, God give the growth
Come let Him garden the flowers within you
Come and discover some you've never known
Come and discover some you've never known
Look at the love that lies deep within you
Let yourself be! Let yourself be!
Look at the gifts you have been given
Let them go free! Let them go free!
Let them go free! Let them go free!

Blessings,
Miss Sandy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very pretty Miss Sandy! Wishing you a wonderful Sunday.

LiLi M. said...

These flowers are lovely! Is there anything better than flowers in your own garden? Have a nice Sunday!

Vee said...

"Let Yourself Be" well I am just going to send A Woman Who Is right over here. Have you been following our discussion at In a Garden? What a riot!

Are there lilies blooming there? That one is so pretty. Your garden must be filled with many treasures.

Thank you for using that song today...its message is still strong and true.

Have a great Sunday... I've got some thoughts to send off to you as soon as I find two spare moments.

SharDon Exclusives said...

"Let yourself be" is a hard one for me. I take two steps forward and twenty back. But I do go foward toward seeing myself as God sees me. Thank you for this post...sharon

Andrea said...

Beautiful! So meaningful! The thought of allowing God to choose His own garden for us, so we can bloom for Him! Thank you for sharing these wonderful words and pictures.

Andrea

KathyB. said...

Blooming where we are planted is so often a matter of actually appreciating where God has placed us, and we can learn to appreciate almost anywhere with an attitude of thankfulness. Lovely post!

I also enjoyed your last post, and love the pillowcase idea ( for chair cushions) AND the creative uses for the toothbrush holders!

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy, I don't know if you will get this post since your post was in 2009 but I thought I would try anyways. I have chose Bloom where you are planted as my theme for a church activity. I love the song you listed and wondered if you had any more info. Who sings it or how I can find out if I can get the sheet music so we can have some ladies sing it?? Anyway if you know please let me know. Thanks so much Ashlie (ashlieorme@yahoo.com)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin