HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Wedded Bliss!

"He is the half part of a blessed man,
Left to be finished by such as she;
And she a fair divided excellence,
Whose fullness of perfection lies in him."
King John - Act. II Sc. 1 L. 437
Today is officially my 27th year of wedded bliss! I invite you to share in our celebration by a peek into the past. Oh my! We were such babies!
"God, the best maker of all marriages,
Combine your hearts in one."

Henry V. - Act 1. Sc. 2. L. 387

27 years ago today I began my journey as a bride,
Heart so full and starry eyed!
We began this journey of wedded bliss,
When pronounced husband and wife, sealed with a kiss. Together we stepped upon this path hand in hand,
An eternal journey symbolized by our golden bands. The path has not always been level and straight,
It has been hard work learning to be a mate.
We've shared many joys and sorrows as well,
We've made the choice to together dwell.

We've been blessed beyond our wildest dreams,
Our love it still flows like the freshest of streams,
Sweet to the taste, gentle to the touch,
Oh my sweet husband, I love you so much!

Upon arriving home, even after all these years,
Hearing your call, "Where is my beautiful bride?" brings me to tears.

My heart flutters and a smile lights my face,

As I rush into your warm embrace.

I wish for the end of the eve,

So we can slip away to our quiet reprieve.

There is one special space where we connect each day,
It is where we snuggle, laugh, slumber, dream, and play,

It is our marriage bed,

Where each night we sigh as we lay down our head, It is where we are alone with the world at bay,
It's where we share our hearts and pray.

It's where we drift off to sleep touching always,
It's where an "I love you" and a kiss seal our days.

Happy 27th Anniversary My Beloved!

Photos: 1. Center panel of our headboard, handpainted by me, with our wedding date, 2. - 7. Scrapbook pages from an albumn I made my husband for our 25th Anniversary, 8. - 10 portions of our handpainted headboard, 11. - 13 Our marriage bed

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a lovely tribute to your dear hubby and you. Thank you for the visit. Love your music too!

Helen Read said...

Happy anniversary! Your love is tucked between the lines and in the lines! An inspiration!

Susie Q said...

This is poetry...
Your bed is so beautiful but even more beautiful is your love and marriage. WE just celebrated our 29th in August and I cannot imagine life without him.

Blessings to you both and, even though I am late, a very happy anniversary!

Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Month! Lovely posting on your marriage. Brought tears to my eyes. My husband and I celebrated out 26th year eariler this year...on our way to 27 like you! I love him and am so thankful after all these years we're still in love.

May God continue to bless you and your family...grandchildren included! I have one little one and a second one due the end of November.

Vee said...

Some dear blogger linked to this post for I remember very clearly reading it. You could re-post it for Valentine's Day because it is so perfectly romantic.

Decor To Adore said...

You are truly talented, the headboard is beautiful.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin