HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day.....

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln(photo source)
A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irving

The formative period for building character for eternity is in the nursery. The mother is queen of that realm and sways a scepter more potent than that of kings or priests. ~Author Unknown

Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,

Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
~George Cooper
(photo source)
One lamp - thy mother's love - amid the stars

Shall lift its pure flame changeless, and before
The throne of God, burn through eternity -
Holy - as it was lit and lent thee here.
~Nathaniel Parker Willis

Happy Mother's Day
to all you wonderful mother's
in blogland!

Blessings,
Miss Sandy

8 comments:

Vee said...

Beautiful quotes, wonderful sentiments. I must say that one of the ways that I know that there is a loving God has been because of a loving mother.

Hope that your Mother's Day has been blessed with pleasant memories and visits with your precious family. It's a bittersweet day this year, I am sure.

Anonymous said...

i agree with Vee. Happy Mother's Day to you!

The Feathered Nest said...

Hello sweet friend, I hope you've had a wonderful Mother's Day!! You are such a sweetheart....you deserve nothing but the best! xxoo, Dawn

Pinkie Denise said...

Dearest Miss Sandy,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss of your dear grandmother...I know your faith and the comfort of your loving Father has kept you. I have been so busy with other obligations that I haven't been a very good blogger lately.Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day, but I am sure
you are having alot of different emotions. Take care and may the peace
and grace of God cover at this time, Love to you Pinkie Denise

Vickie said...

Miss Sandy - thanks for visiting me. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. I know how that feels. My mother's mother kept me all of my young life and my momma had to work. I miss my Nanny so, and I was blessed to be with her when she died. Just me. I always felt like God planned it that way. It's hard, but we have to hang on to our faith and our assurance that we will be re-united with them someday - all of our loved ones who are in Christ, and of course all our memories we have. You are in my prayers! Vickie

bluemuf said...

Miss Sandy, Beautiful sentiments.
Happy Mother's Day to you

Hugs Karen

Knitting Mania said...

Hope your Mother's Day was grand!

Blessings--

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

What beautiful quotes.
Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. So sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. Keeping you in my prayers.

Hugs:)

Irma

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin