HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Monday, August 15, 2011

BUTTERFLIES...


The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. 
-Rabindranath Tagore-
 I have had a rather difficult case of the butterflies, I can't seem to settle into anything.  I am like a butterfly trying to choose from a patch of vivid garden flowers fluttering from this one to that one and never being able to choose where to light and linger for long.

I have no idea where today's journey will take me as I wing my way through time and space nor do I know where I will linger.  I am just popping in to say "hello" and wish you a beauty filled Monday.  I leave you with some pretty thoughts and fluttering beauties that I observed in my aunts flower garden...
May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
And find your shoulder to light on,
To bring you luck, happiness and riches
Today, tomorrow and beyond.
-Irish Blessing-
 Butterflies are self propelled flowers.  
-R.H. Heinlein-
 Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life.  And everyone deserves a little sunshine.  
-Jeffrey Glassberg-
 "Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."  
-Hans Christian Anderson-
 The green grass and the happy skies
court the fluttering butterflies.  
-Terri Guillemets-
 The butterfly was young
Her vibrant wings of delicate lace
Such grace such poise
A charming butterfly 
 -Bella Ravenstar-
 Flowers and butterflies drift in color, illuminating spring.  
 -Author Unknown-
 Go on, hitch a ride on the back of a butterfly.  There's no better way to fly.
 -Pat Monahan, Scott Michael Underwood, and James W. Stafford, "Get To Me" 
 Have a wonderful day sweet friends!
 

8 comments:

Vee said...

Gosh, I feel the same way and am hoping that I'll come in for a landing. Nothing much of value gets accomplished by my flitting about. Hugs to you...hope that your day is filled with sweet things.

Bonita said...

Love all the butterfly quotes! I feel like a butterfly, but I think I'm getting a better idea these days of which flower to light upon. At least I hope that's true!

Karen Valentine said...

Have a lovely Monday sweet butterfly girl!!!
xo,
Karen

June said...

I'm trying to find a place to land myself dear Sandy. I hope it is amid as much beauty as your photos.

Dorthe said...

Oh Sandy- I guess we all now and then flutters around, and need to look a bit for a safe landing spot....
Your photoes and the quotes are so very beautiful, and I wish you ,soon, to find your own lovely "flower" !
Hugs,Dorthe

Angela said...

What a beautiful post!

Debbie said...

Love, love, love your post. Thank you for coming by my blog and leaving such sweet comments.
I am in love with your photos, they are great. I wish I could flutter sometimes.

Thanks for sharing!!!
xoxo
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, Sandy! I've missed your regular posts for a while. Hope all is well. Know you have some loveliness to share at all times and look forward to each visit. Butterfly season in South Jersey coming up - hope to catch the Monarchs in Cape May!
Joy!
Miss Kathy

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin