HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Friday, April 9, 2010

SEPIA SONGBIRDS AND OTHER ARTFUL THINGS...

Those little nimble musicians of the air, that warble,
forth their curious ditties, with which nature hath
furnished them to the shame of art."

-Izaak Walton-
Yesterday in the studio I enmeshed myself in the sweet soothing tones of sepia and songbirds. Rich creams, snowy whites, faded golds, and deep browns, twigs, feathers, and mosses were the chosen pallet for my newest artwork. I gave you a sneak peek earlier with these photos, from this...To this...To these...
Home Tweet Home!I moved from finishing up that project to making a few of these...
Ending the workday with the beginnings of another tattered collage like this one...
I have two more sepia projects up my sleeve and I hope to have one complete and the other well on its way to completion by days end.

I thought you might enjoy a few free sepia images for your art work, so feel free to save them for your personal use...(FREE IMAGE)
(FREE IMAGE)
(FREE IMAGE)

Just a reminder, today is the last day to sign up for my Sharing Spring Give Away, just click the highlighted link and leave your name in the comments section. Three winners will be posted tomorrow!

I hope each of you have a delightful day!

Blessings,
Miss Sandy

15 comments:

kim said...

I love "Home Tweet Home!" These are absolutely wonderful. The bird images are just lovely. Did you draw them?
Kim

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I feel so dumb always saying the same thing..but I am such a HUGE fan of yours! When will you put out a book? Or have you and I somehow missed it?? Love your work, love your generous spirit and am sooo glad I can visit here :-)

Thespa McLaughlin said...

I love all these sepia things. And way to alter those cards! WOW! A most wondrous set of altered bird houses you have made. Love them all! Thanks for sharing!

Hearts Turned said...

BEAUTIFUL, Sandy! What love and care you put into each of your creations--just wonderful!

BellaRosa said...

Sandy amor, I am in LOVE with your newest beautiful creation! I also am lovin that flower you made, how pretty a bunch of those would love in a beautiful crystal bowl or tarnished silver one :) what type of papers did you use for that? They are so pretty! Have a beautiful weekend :) Besos, Rose

Vee said...

Well that went in a completely different direction than I thought. Ha! See? I woulda thought the beginnings were way too cute by half, but I'd not have dared to mess with them. I'm so glad that you messed with them and how! They're lovely!

Anonymous said...

Sandy, nothing I can say to this post! Oh my! Girlfriend, you've outdone yourself again and again with each of these precious little assemblages! I must go look even more closely because you have added so many little surprises!
Beautiful!
Diane

Dorthe said...

Sandy, I so love your little bird houses,they are just awsome, and the collage is ever so beaytifull.
Thanks for showing.
xo Dorthe

David said...

I love your creation, but I don't think the disease-spreading, mite-laden, crop destroying English Sparrow deserves a place in the line-up! ;-)

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Sandy I love that confection of a blossom you fashions with the scraps!!! Your birds are enchanting in their new little homes you made. Wonderful colors...might a little bit of ocher have been able to slip in here and there to go along with the green moss? Just thinking....

Sonya Badgley said...

Oh Sandy, I love your home tweet home! The colors are beautiful. You have been busy! I love the sweet flower too. Have a great weekend and thank you for sharing.
Blessings, Sonya

Unknown said...

Love your work!

Robin said...

These are so amazing....always such a joy to visit your blog!

daysease said...

Miss Sandy, do you have your "Labels" listed in a column somewhere so I can find more of these gorgeous freebies that are great for crafting??? Would you mind letting me know where to find them in one lump? Is that available? I know that I added it to my blog for easy finding of information. Anyhow... thank you for these beautiful images. They are splendid.

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Sandy, I'm so in love with this artwork!!!! GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS! Another wonderful piece of artwork that needs to be published dear one....thank you so much for the images, they are PERFECT! hugs and love, Dawn

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin