HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Friday, March 19, 2010

DREAMS WITH WINGS...

" I have soul longings to dream."
Before I get to the post for today I wanted to thank you lovely friends for your loving support. I came home last night after a horrendous day and opened my email, all your precious thoughts and prayers were there. All the pent up tension of the day melted as I read line after line of kindness. Happy tears followed. Your words have given me buoyancy to face the task all over again today. I am keeping all your sweet words to treasure and ponder over by printing them out and pasting them in my journal.

I promise to share more about the situation as soon as I can. It does look like I will be away through next week, but, as I mentioned earlier, I have pre-posted through next week and will get back in touch with each of you as soon as I am able. May blessings be multiplied to each of you for your extreme kindness.

Last week I finished up the "DREAM" sign that began with these little mat frames:
I know this is a little out of the norm for what I usually create but I really do love this black, cream, and rusty dream. As you can see I added several rusty bits, many of which I found while out walking. Copper wire, rusty tacks, waxed twine, glass beads, and trade mark little bird round out the embellishments.I did intend to use the back of the frame but somehow it still did not look right so I flipped it back over and aged it down, adding some black paint and jute twine to further accent it. French text is stamped around the frame to add depth and texture.

I want to add one more little rusty bit, an old wrench I found, incorporating it into part of the hanging system.One of my favorite bits of this piece is the little arm with upturned open palm giving wings to dreams and letting them take flight.

The message on this piece says, "I have soul longings to DREAM" There is a bit of symbolism in this piece of art work, I talked a little about this in an earlier post here. I think all dreams start deep within the soul but sometimes we are afraid to turn them loose so hide from them...We bottle them up, corking them tightly away...We are afraid to pour them out...We keep them locked away...Until one day we become brave enough to spring into action...
Cutting loose...
What has been tightly bound within our hearts...
Our deepest desires begin to unfold with the unclench of our fist...The opening of our palm...The cupping of our hand as we allow our dream to be born...To spread its wings and soar!Wishing each of you dreams with wings!

Blessings,
Miss Sandy

20 comments:

Lori said...

Miss Sandy, i am sorry that you are going through a hard time...i will pray for you...i hope everything works out for the best...i love your dream collage/assemblage...the rusty bits you added are wonderful...and i just love that sweet little arm on there, so cute...this really is beautiful!!!

Becky K. said...

Praying that You feel the arms of our Loving Lord surrounding you as you go through these hard days.

He has promised to never leave or forsake you....hold onto that promise. God loves you and so do all of your Blog friends. Lifting you up in prayer.

Your project, as usual is unique and simply beautiful.

Becky K.

Lesley said...

Good Morning Miss Sandy, Whatever is happening in your life, keep believing, that it will all be alright in the end. Blessings are being sent your way, Blessed Be Lesley

LiLi M. said...

Sandy, I know that I told you this before, but you have outdone yourself again! And I mean it! This collage is gorgeous, a pleasure to look at, but food for thoughts too. I like that. I do hope that today will at least be a little less stressfull than yesterday, as you know and feel we are supporting you. Just take your time, tell us what you want to and try to keep your eyes open for the good things in life. I'm sending positive thoughts and energy your way. Take care, thinking of you, LiLi.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Sandy, This piece of artwork is just gorgeous! I do not only love the colors, the texture, the elements but also the symbolism you had added by using all the wonderful embellishments!
I'm so sorry that you had such a bad day yesterday! What ever it is that you are going through right now, I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that everything will work out fine for you!
Hugs and love,
Julia

Robin said...

Your work here is absolutely breathtaking on it's own but when I read your meaning behind it....well, it brought me to tears. I absolutely love it!

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you during these difficult days.

Take Care - Robin

Barbara H. said...

I do hope and pray for the Lord's grace and sustenance for you in whatever is going on.

I love how each little piece you put on your designs has some purpose or meaning.

I've been wanting to ask you, when you have a moment, how you attach items in your collages. Tacky glue, maybe, or hot glue, or something else?

Julie Ann said...

Big hugs for you, Sandy! I am thinking of and praying for you... Your dream collage is just beautiful. I love the symbolism and the way the little bits and pieces come together in the making of the Dream.

Vee said...

Sweet friend, it is beautiful to see what you are doing with your art work. It really amazes me. I love the detail and the thoughts behind the details.

You continue to be in my prayers and whatever this situation is, God can use it for His glory. More gentle hugs...

Lady Farmer said...

Like all the others, I am so sorry you are going thru a rough time. Praying the Lord will uphold you.

Your Dreams certainly have taken flight and soared most beautifully in your sign assemblege. Amazing how all the bits and pieces that you have found and collected come together to form the whole!

Blessings!

Tumbleweed Trails said...

I am so amazed by this work of art. I love each and every element and bit of detail. Thanks you sooooo much for the close up shots revealing everything to us. I must go now and have another look.
Jody

Jonny said...

What a beautiful post I love your dream artpiece very inspiring and the quote is wonderful! Thank you for sharing, Jonny

Celeste said...

Your Dream artpiece is wonderful. Love all the attention to detail. Sad to hear your life challenging at present and pray this improves soon.

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Miss Sandy,
What a beautiful collage! I love all the rusty pieces you used but I especially love the arm and bird taking flight. How you made each piece mean something was so touching to me. And the colors you used were perfect.
As with your other Blogging friends I am praying for you dear one. I am sorry that you are facing this trial but know the Lord WILL carry you through and He is hearing our prayers too.
God bless you,
Sonya

Mary said...

Sandy, this is just stunning, what a beautiful piece. I'll be thinking about you this week.

Dorthe said...

Thanks so much Sandy for showing this (and every other) beautifull post,-what you did is stunning, I love all the elements, rust,pearls, all- and the end result is fantastic.
------Hope things will soon be better-------

xo Dorthe

Desires of the Heart said...

Hi Sandy, I just love you new created piece!! You are so great at getting symbolism and meaning into your heart. So sorry you are having a hard time in your life. I will pray that God will pick you up and carry you through it safely. Thanks for giving us all such inspiration. Blessings, LInda

Terri Conrad said...

Dear Sandy, this piece is beautiful and so heartfelt. How divine to have all the elements to creatively express your soul and you do so with such honesty.

Whatever may be going on behind the scenes, I hope you are given what you need to find your way in front of the situation.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my special request earlier this week in spite of your attention and energy being pulled in other places.

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Sandy, I hope you are doing better dear heart...and I'm so very sorry for your troubling times. Sending you big, big hugs sweet friend and praying that the cloud has lifted and things are better!!!

I'm so in love with your Dream artwork....ohmygoodness Sandy, IT'S BREATHTAKING!!!! I love each and every detail ~ it's just gorgeous.
love and hugs, Dawn

vikki said...

~♥~ Hi Sweet Ms Sandy... i love.love.love! your dream collage! the colors & the theme behind each is sooo lovely! it is just beautiful with all its' details & stories! you do sucha beautiful job with such heart♥felt love & soul. i really enjoy seeing all your creations...how they truly speak!
You are in my thoughts & prayers... I pray that God wraps His loving arms around you & surrounds you with His love! take care...
with love, hugs & blessings, vikki xoxoxox ~♥~

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin