HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Monday, May 3, 2010

RESTING IN MY NEST...

" To keenly feel the poetry of a morning's roses, one has to have just escaped from the claws of this vulture we call sickness."

-Henri Frederic Amiel-I'll be resting in my nest for a few days recovering from a nasty bout with the flu. I was not feeling like myself most of the week last week but I seriously thought it was just allergies. On Friday my world began to blur and look a little like this...By Saturday I was quite shaky with fever and it trembled like this...Today, things have come back into focus a bit better, a little blurry around the edges like this...So, I will be on sick leave quietly resting in my nest under a bower of fragrant care of my sweet family like this... I'll see you when I can sufficiently sit up without the room spinning. Until then, have a beautifully blessed week!

Blessings,
Miss Sandy

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sandy, that's no fun. But you've been working so hard so I think you truly, truly deserve a rest. Hot chamomile tea, chicken soup, a good book, comfy pillow and quilt are what this doctor orders.

Be well!
Blessings,
Diane

sonya said...

Hi Sandy~
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I think Diane is right, you've been working too hard. Just pamper yourself and I will be sending you prayers and well wishes.
Blessings, Sonya

Lorrie said...

Treat yourself gently, dear Sandy.

Robin said...

Hugs and prayers go out to you in the hopes you get to feeling better soon!

JD/ Jill said...

Please take care of yourself...I was on vacation last week, and started out the week feeling sick...thought it was allergies, but it turned out to be cold. So, I spent a good part of my vacation resting...no fun being sick...so get plenty of rest, and I'll pray for you to feel better...

Dorthe said...

Dear Sandy,
How awfull, --I wish you the best for a quick recowering, and a piecefull rest, untill you are well again.
Blessings, Dorthe

Bonita said...

Praying that your strength returns quickly, but that in the mean time you will soak in some refreshing time of rest. So sorry to hear you were sick.

Becky K. said...

Sounds so much like my last week or more. Hope you are feeling better quickly. This stuff is rough!

Becky K.

Thespa McLaughlin said...

Awe, I hope you are feeling clear and crisp as the morning sun very soon. Well wishes for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, a terrible time of year to be sick. Take care friend.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Take good care of youself..we need you back!

Snugglebug Blessings said...

Rest is the best and try to get some fresh air. If you can sit outside and listen to the birds sing to you. They can help heal anything. Your in my prayers, God bless. Cathy

marilyn said...

Hope this day finds you feeling much better. We are looking forward to your return.

alexis nicole said...

Hope you are feeling better now. Lovely pictures you've taken of those beautiful flowers!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin