HomeARTWordsStudioTutorialsClassesShop

Thursday, June 7, 2012

BITS AND PIECES...

bit/bit/
Noun:
  1. A small piece, part, or quantity of something

  piece/pēs/

Noun:
A portion of an object or of material, produced by cutting, tearing, or breaking the whole.
Life at the Quill is being lived in bits and pieces at the moment.  Portions of normality are being cut away like the cropping of a photo.  Other parts are being torn away by the ravages of disease.  On the whole it is heart breaking but somehow in the forming of my being I was blessed with an indomitable spirit of seeing beauty and blessings beyond my present circumstances.  For this small gift I am eternally grateful.

Snapshots of true life are not always images that are considered mainstream beauty.  They are, however, a part of the bigger picture, a portrait of life art.  Landscaped layers of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years make up a living canvas unique to each person who lived them.  

Each stroke of times brush leaves its indelible mark that is not able to be forgotten or removed.  I find the most beauty in these life story pictures, even the ones that are not fairy-tale happy endings, they make an impression on me. They show me that I am not walking a lone strand through life... 
 
In my own tangle of trials... 
 
We all have them, they just have different titles and sometimes we crisscross paths with others who are walking the same landscape as we are...
We form a common knot of kinship for bearing the same stories...
 
There is great beauty in making a connection with another person.  Born alone, our life strife's chain us down physically, mentally, and emotionally...
 
To the point that stress can weather, age, scar, and fracture...
I choose to look beyond the brittle...
 
And the barren...
 
To that open gate...
 
Where empty little cubbies of happiness are waiting to be filled...
 
With the colors of living breathing beautiful life experiences just beyond the present trail.  Life itself is a beautiful exquisite gift, no matter the shade of circumstance whether grim gray...
 Or sunny yellow...
 
 It is always, no matter what, a growing green fragrant gift...
To be savored and appreciated.  At this moment in time I savor and appreciate the extension of kindness and friendship of community that each of you provide.  You thoughts and prayers are much coveted and they add sunny yellow to my present days.  You are each gifts that enrich the landscape of my life adding touches of color through shared stories, experiences, smiles, and friendship.  Thank you for being a part of my painting!
 P.S.  I will be away a bit longer as I continue to manage my mothers care.  I will post when I can and I will fondly think of you when I can't.  Please forgive me if I don't promptly respond to comments, my online time is limited at the moment.  Wishing each of you many blessings!
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin